Everyone is welcome to attend our Free Open Day Saturday May 25 2019.
Aviation Partners appearing alongside our Learn to Fly Seminars will be:
- Australian Air Force Cadets. The A.A.F.C. teaches you valuable life skills and help you develop qualities including leadership, self-reliance, confidence, teamwork and communication. Some activities undertaken by the AAFC include flying, field-craft, adventure training, firearms safety training, drill and ceremonial, service knowledge, aeromodelling, navigation and gliding.
- Australian Women Pilots’ Association. The A.W.P.A’s aim is to foster closer relationships and unity among women pilots, to assist women to undertake flying in Australia and elsewhere, and to develop public interest in aviation, especially among women generally, to assist in the development of aviation. The Association awards scholarships annually to members and non-members.
- Heliwest – Australian Helicopter Services. On a daily basis, Heliwest provides both fixed-wing and helicopter services to a broad range of clients, in particular those in the mining and resources sector. They offer helicopter training and support for a range of operations, and are a leading provider of mission critical aerial services. A Robinson 22 will be on site as a static display.
- Kalamunda Aeronautical Model Society. KAMS began when a group of aero modellers flying with WARMS at Gibbs Road Jandakot, decided that there were enough of them from Kalamunda to form their own club. Since 2000 their membership has grown steadily to 158 in June 2007, making them the premier club in WA. Activities at the field include sport flying, jets, scale, pylon, gliders and combat as well as the occasional old timer event and free flight scramble.
- RACWA Commercial Pilot Licence or Private Pilot Licence Seminars. Grade 1 Instructor Jarod Rowe will talk to you about everything there is to know about becoming a pilot with key information on the steps involved in attaining a Pilots’ Licence. CPL Seminar: 10am & PPL Seminar: 11am & 2pm.
- Royal Aero Club of WA, Club Flying Committee. During the course of the year, the Committee holds a series of monthly flying competitions, at both Jandakot and Murrayfield Airfields, where members can compete as a personal challenge. At the end of the year, the pilot with the highest overall score, receives a trophy at the Annual Wings Presentation Dinner. For those just learning to fly, no current licence is required to compete, as the Air Judge is also a qualified instructor who can assist you. Flying competitions are an excellent way of enhancing flying skills, maintaining currency and getting to know other members who enjoy the same challenges! If you’re after some Royal Aero Club of W.A’s merchandise, they have polo shirts, caps, stubby holders, wings pins & novelty aviation t-shirts!
- Sport Aircraft Builders Club. The SABC was formed in 1973 to provide a base and airfield for members to build, restore, maintain and operate their aircraft. Members participate in a wide range of activities including fly-ins, fly-aways, competitions, maintaining the airport infrastructure and other social activities. Serpentine Airfield is restricted to Sport and Recreational aviation only; no commercial flying.
- WA Aviation College. If you’re wanting more information about becoming a pilot, after attending one of the free seminars at 10am, 11 or 1pm, feel free to ask for more detailed information about becoming a WA Aviation Student or about what’s involved in gaining a Diploma of Aviation.
Last but not least is our Static Aircraft Display. On the apron we will have our RACWA Training & Recreational Fleet:
- A Cessna 152
- A Cessna 172
- A CIRRUS SR20
- A de Havilland Tiger Moth
- A Partenavia
- A Sling
Each of these static aircraft displays are accompanied by a W.A. Aviation College student, to answer any questions that you may have about the aircraft!
We’ll also have a separatemix of vintage & modern privately owned aircraft for display:
- Beechcraft Model 18 or “Twin Beech”
- Tiger Moths
- Extra 300
- CIRRUS SR20
- Fox Moth
- Focke Wolf
Muzz Buzz will also be open upstairs in our Members Lounge. Why not enjoy the view of the airport from there, enjoying one of their hot & cold drinks, bakery goods, something light for lunch or something more substantial! Or go further up to the second floor, to our magnificent sky lounge, for a fabulous view of the airport. Plus on the apron they’ll be running a Sausage Sizzle!