Funded by Air BP, the two (2) Tom Millar Scholarships, each to the value of $5,000 are intended to encourage and assist in the advancement of students who are undergoing training with the Royal Aero Club of Western Australia, (‘the Club’).
• scholarships are open to all students who are Club members, 16 years of age and over;
• the funds are non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash;
• the funds will be held in trust until such time as the recipient undertakes flying training with the Club;
• this training must be conducted between 13 October, 2019 and 12 October, 2020 otherwise funds will be forfeited;
• applications to be received by the closing date of Saturday, 14 September, 2019 and emailed in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• no applications will be accepted after the closing date.
To be considered for a scholarship, the applicant should write not more than 400 words describing:-
• why they wish to learn to fly or pursue a career in aviation;
• their aviation experience to date;
• future flying aspirations;
• a demonstrated commitment to furthering their flying training with the Club; and
• must hold a current CASA Aviation Medical.
If deemed necessary, applicants may be required to attend an interview with the Club’s Selection Panel, which will consist of the Head of Operations, Deputy Head of Operations and the Chief Executive Officer.
Winners will be notified by email and the scholarships announced and presented at the Club’s annual Wings Dinner at Crown Perth on Saturday, 12 October 2019.